How to Restore Water Damage
Have you thought about what extent of damage the water from a flood will cause? Yes, it can cause mold to appear on walls, carpeting and furniture. Allergic reactions and respiratory problems may happen because of the mold. For you to avoid mold, clean your home in the first 48 hours. To know more about restoring water damage, read the following instructions carefully.
• Take away unimportant items such as books or magazines that may cause fungus and to avoid moldy smells. Duplicate any important documents or items and remove them if they are thoroughly soaked.
• Use a water extraction vacuum to remove water from the carpet. Steam-clean with the equipment’s recommended shampoo. Extract the water again. You can rent these machines from cleaning services and hardware stores. Put the carpet outside for them to be dried in the sun.
• To extract water from the air and stop lingering moisture from entering the walls, place a dehumidifier in your home.
• Do not open the windows, it may allow fungal spores into your home. To circulate air, place fans around the home.
• Remove and replace damaged ceiling tiles.
• To remove any small puddles of water, use a clean rag to wipe it down.
• Have the drapes professionally cleaned. Remove them from around the windows.
• Replace the insulation from the wall that has been wet and replace it with a new one. Insulation will never dry properly and then collect mold.
• Check the drywall that is wet for swelling or exposed seams in the structure. To prevent swelling and aid in ventilation, remove insulation from the wall cavity. If there are any signs of buckling, replace the drywall.
• Use humidifier and fans at any wet wood surfaces to lessen damage. A light detergent such as dish soap should be used to clean treated or finished wood. Take away wet wall paneling from walls and allow it to dry separately.
These are some of the tips that may help you restore the water damages in your home. Water damage restoration is a challenging task, it may also require a help from an expert to be fully confident about the safety of your house and most importantly, your family. Call Superior Rapid Response in Sarasota, FL to get help from an expert and be informed about water damage restoration. They are one of the most reliable water damage experts in Sarasota, FL.